Friday, April 4, 2008

Getaway Time Again....



It was time to return, for just a little while, to the sunshine and warmth of Florida.

After our winter, it was so good to see flowers blooming, feel the warmth and see the water again. While we were there, the weather was beautiful...

we had all the windows open 24/7...fresh air, bay breezes.

It was terrific for sleeping.

We saw our new kitchen and had fun organizing it, and putting everything back.







We also spent some time at the beach, unwinding, birdwatching, listening to the sounds of the waves, the gulls, looking for shells, drinking in the ocean air, visiting with old friends and just relaxing.













Sunsets from the lanai are always so pretty.




And time spent eating out at the Dry Dock Restaurant on Longboat Key is always a pleasure. Lots of fresh fish, fruit and Florida strawberries…..
While we were waiting to be served, a manatee swam past, but I missed the photo
opportunity.




Check out our dinner guests. These guys were waiting for handouts from the fishing boats. They were incredibly tame.







We're restored from our visit. Our time away went by so fast, but we’ll be back….soon.


9 comments:

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Dorothy, ow, I love your Florida pictures...this is such a nice time of the year to go too. Your kitchen is certainly beautiful..how long did it take to redo?? Happy spring to you.

Mary said...

Dorothy! I've been on a blogging break and I missed this...sorry I'm late visiting.

Your photos are amazing. You captured Florida at its finest. And I love the kitchen! Finished?

Thanks for the little getaway to Florida and sunshine. I loved this.

Mary

SweetAnnee said...

WONDERFUL!! love your kitchen too, deena

Stacey Olson said...

Dorthy, thank you for your kind comments on my blog, and for helping support my children in their weekend posts.. What a beautiful place on your post.. the water is SO blue and it looks so warm. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so jealous, what a marvelous kitchen!!!!! What part of florida is this? I have a sister in Palm Bay, and Jack's Beach! Loved the birds, and are there always that many shells there? Gorgeous sunset too, you made my day sweetie!
Mary Pat

Francine said...

Hi Dorothy

Like our friend Cathy I'm green with envy ... you have a gorgeous place. One thing is for sure we are going back next year... and maybye we will find the restaurant this time. Love your kitchen. Thanks for the beautiful pictures...!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, a visit to your blog is like a wonderful vacation! It looks like you live amidst great beauty, both in Florida and Pennsylvania. I loved the light and view from your windows in the photos. You're a wonderful photographer!

Kylee Baumle said...

Hey, I know where Longboat Key is! I've been there many times! My grandma went to Florida every winter for many, many years and now my aunt and uncle are doing the same, so we visit when possible. (Bradenton) Holmes Beach is where we park our butts and soak up the sun when we're there. We love to walk to the tip of Anna Maria Island and back, which is quite a trek, but it's so beautiful!

winna said...

I'm crazy about your shells, beachy birdy stuff as well as all the rest---wonderful photos! Winna